Our next meeting is a sew-in!
We will cover our usual business first, then have show-and-tell, then construct blocks for a couple more Habitat for Humanity charity quilts. You can see one design by Mary Keasler below. We expect this to be an extended meeting so you might want to bring a sack lunch or at least a snack and drink to tide you over.
Members will be receiving emails about what equipment to bring to the meeting. If you will be visiting us for this meeting, please email us in advance and we can let you know what tools might be helpful.
Here's what's in store:
- Social Media and You! Learn how Instagram is like having a show-and-tell at your fingertips. Stay connected with your guildmates between meetings!
- Outreach Report on Habitat dedication ceremony
- Photo Directory assembly. Remember to print your pages at home! Bring a glue stick if you print the pages single-sided.
- Thoroughly Modern Minis update...you can sign up soon!
- Treasurer’s Report
Please think about helping to develop and present a program that explores and challenges us to try out an aspect of modern quilting. Mentioned at our brainstorming session were:
- Simplification (negative space, minimalism, scale)
- Alternate gridwork
- Modern traditionalism
- Modern stitching or quilting
- Plus we will need leaders for the MQG Charity Challenge for 2017 (probably will happen in summer).
You might want to present a program as an individual, but we are hoping that some people will want to work as small teams. Think about what you have tried and could share with others and come ready to sign up.