On Our Calendar
- July 22 - Michelle Wilkie Design Workshop
- July 30 - Designate a contact person for the MQG Charity Quilt challenge
- August 13 - Next meeting; Program is Modern Traditionalism
- September 10 - Program is Modern Group Quilt Project
- September (12, 13) 14-17 - AQS QuiltWeek (volunteering)
- October 8 - Program is Modern Stitching and Alternate Grid Work
- November 30 - Deadline for submitting photos of your finished quilt to QuiltCon
- February 3 - Charity challenge quilt must be received by the MQG
Kathleen needs volunteers to sign up to take down quilts on Saturday, September 17. Most other volunteer spots have been filled.
We have two more home dedications this year. One quilt is in the works and Jean would love to have a volunteer design a quilt and be the project leader for the other. Contact Jean if you have ideas.
Michelle Wilkie Workshop
It's on a Friday and we are full. Email Mary if you want your name on the waitlist. She has emailed supply lists to all who are attending. Kelly has a post about the workshop so be sure to read that.
Quilts for Pulse
Camille has collected enough heart blocks to make two quilts for Orlando. She will be sewing the blocks together and has asked for a quilting volunteer.
If you want to keep making heart blocks, we will be mailing BLUE hearts (blue only, white background) to Dallas for both Dallas and Baton Rouge officers killed by sniper attacks in those cities.
July Program: Simplification
Thank you to Ann, Toni, Vanessa, Theresa and Pam for presenting a clear and inspiring program on ways we can simplify our quilt compositions, and to Vista, Melissa, Sharon and Charise for their work behind the scenes. You showed us enlightening examples of ways to improve a quilt by editing. Here are a few pictures from the program: