The sign-up deadline is Sunday, February 21st.
The swap is open to all dues-paying members of the Knoxville, Chattanooga, Music City and Memphis Area chapters of the Modern Quilt Guild.
To sign up, give us your contact information and include the following in your profile section:
- Your guild: Chattanooga, Knoxville, Music City or Memphis
- Your skill level: beginner, advanced beginner, intermediate, expert
- Three favorite characteristics of Modern Quilting from this list:
- use of bold colors and prints
- high contrast and graphic areas of solid color
- improvisational piecing
- expansive negative space
- alternate grid work
- "Modern traditionalism" or the updating of classic quilt designs
- add your own!
- Colors you like (optional)
- Colors you dislike (optional)
We will assign you a recipient in a different city. Guided by your recipient's profile, you will make a mini quilt for him or her no more than 24 inches on any side or 24 inches in diameter. Use at least one of your recipient's favorite modern quilting techniques. Squeeze in all three if you can!
Quilts should be made using modern fabrics, designs and quilting methods.
Sign up deadline is Sunday, February 21st. Shipping dates are May 15th - May 31. We encourage you to finish your quilt in time to show it at one of your own guild meetings before you send it away.
If you post photos of your quilt on social media, please tag it with #TNquiltswap. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Final Word: The name of our "Thoroughly Modern Mini" quilt swap was inspired by the movie "Thoroughly Modern Millie" with Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore and Carol Channing. If you haven't seen it, we recommend you do so asap!
If you meet the participation qualifications above, here's the link you will need to sign up: www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b49afa72da7f58-thoroughly